I found this cute thing on Pintrest. I tell you, people are just so creative. They are using rice to create this wonderful centerpiece for your 4th of July party.
Directions to make it:
- Separate rice into desired amounts per layer. We used 2 cups of rice for each color.
- Squirt food color into rice, you might need to use the back of the spoon to evenly distribute the food color throughout the rice. We used several drops to achieve a deep color, use more or less for the desired depth of color. Be sure to use metal or glass bowls and spoons as food color can stain some plastics.
- Spread each color on baking sheets to dry (could take about 15-30 minutes depending on humidity).
- Layer in jars for desired pattern and order of colors.
- Gently settle a votive or small pillar candle in the middle of the rice.