Very tasty and easy chicken recipe which I found on Pinterest. I actually put three frozen chicken breasts into a crockpot and poured the sauce over them and cooked on low for about 6 hours. It is delicious on a bread roll, garlic bread or just as a side. I served it with Citrus Rice Salad. Enjoy!
- 4 lbs skinless boneless chicken thighs (breasts can be mixed with thighs, but thighs turn out more tender)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1½ tsp table salt (fine)
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 TB packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 TB worcestershire sauce
- 2+ cups Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce or any other BBQ sauce
- Buns or sandwich rolls to serve
- Pickles to serve
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a bowl. Mix sauce ingredients well. Sauce can be made well ahead of time and kept in fridge. Combine chicken with sauce and place in slow cooker.
- Cook on high about 2½ to 3 hours or on low for 6 hours or until the chicken easily falls apart. Carefully remove chicken from slow cooker with tongs. Keep slow cooker lid on and keep sauce warm. Pull chicken apart/shred with forks. Return shredded chicken into slow cooker. Toss well to make sure chicken is fully coated in sauce. At this point, add bit more BBQ sauce if needed. Cook on high another 30-45 minutes. Turn down to warm setting, and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Toast buns or sandwich rolls and serve with pickles, if desired.