Rock coasters

A very dear friend of mine gave me an assortment of beautiful rocks for a bowl on my table. Actually it was not for a bowl at all. I lied. It was for an old, rusty ladle I purchased from an old mine with a vision of keeping it on the outdoor table. 

My friend is a rock expert to say the least and really can pick out the most amazing rocks, as you can see for yourself. Not only did she hand picked them for me from her personal stash, but she tried to keep them in the green tones, which is my very favorite color.

I LOVED the gift and felt that I wanted to find a way to display the rocks so that I could enjoy ALL the rocks ALL the time. And this is what I came up with! 

 I had couple of tiles in my craft room from my stamping on tiles blog post and decided to attach the rocks with Mod Podge to it. At first I thought it was a mistake because it took a looooong time for the Mod Podge to set but....it did, eventually!!!


I started off by adding Mod Podge to the the tile and carefully arranging the rocks finding the best fit moving from the edges towards the middle.
When rock placement was done, I had to practice my patience as it took a few days for the Mod Podge to dry clear.
I added felt to the bottom of the coasters ...... and....
... Voila, they are on my patio table adding to the beauty of my backyard!!! I can't tell you what a conversation starter they are!

Comments