Different ways to add glitter to your Holiday window card



 Glitter and any other bling-bling is my middle name, my friends. Today  I am showing two different ways of applying glitter to a card so make sure that you watch the video below.




I am using Stampendous Snow Postcard stamp with brown Stazon ink on mixed media paper. To color the snow I use watercolor pencils so it is important to use paper that is fit for water (watercolor paper or mixed media is what I usually use) along with ink that will not bleed once water is applied to it.
 As suggested for torn effect on the inside of the frame (but not shown very well on the video), it is best to tear the edges rather than cutting them because the tear will give you the best variation in color once you start sponging them. I also use a regular card stock for this particular frame which is probably 80 or 90 lb in weight because it allows me to manage the tears better. I also use foam tape to attach the frame to the card for extra depth.
I have used Puff Paint for the snow which I thought would work the same as Liquid Applique but it doesn't and I would not recommend it for card making. The Puff Paint is made for fabrics so it is not that the product is bad, it's just not fitting the application.
It simply does not puff up the same when heated, so get Liquid Applique if you want a snow effect. I have used it for years and just run out of it. It will not disappoint.


 The card below is stamped on kraft paper and all the coloring is done with white pencil. It's a different effect but personally I prefer the white card stock cards.



Comments

  1. Just had to stop and admire your work! I have this older postcard stamp and have always loved it - you made it sparkle beautifully! Thank you so much for sharing these with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment