Very SANDY beach with My Monthly Hero June 2018

Hello there fellow stampers!!

We have already established that we all LOVE My Monthly Hero June 2018 stamps! Personally, I just can't stop using them and I'm dreaming about vacation somewhere in Tahiti or exotic place like that!


Adding dimension to my cards is huge for me and that is exactly what I'm after in the card.  

 


I used real sand  for the HELLO and the star fish which is so easy to do and adds so much to card! I added puff paint on the waves. If you have never used puff paint and the heat gun, make sure you watch my video - you will for sure get addicted to it.



Of course the popped out clouds add the dimension as well as the card shape itself. I removed portion of the front of the card so the ocean that you see is actually stamped on the inside.


The inks I have been using are all Stampin Up: Big Sky, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Sahara Sand, Old Olive and Always Artichoke. The only exception is the Blue Sky ink  by Hero Arts which came with the Monthly Hero and is used here for  the sky and clouds.


 On the above card, I used glue to cover the sandy area and applied sand to it. It sticks great  and does not fall off. If you leave any imperfection when you apply the glue, it will show in the sand which just adds more character to it. 

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. what a great beach card! Love the sand and how the bottom swings open. Thanks for sharing your awesome make with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so pretty! I love how the card opens into the scene. The stamping is so perfect that it looks like a printed postcard. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. What was the brand and name of the stamps you used. tfs Kathy Syd.Aus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is amazing, I love all your techniques in making it. My daughter, husband and kids are moving to Florida, we live in Canada, so I went to the beach and picked up some sand. I can't wait to try it. I already have some puff paint in my Christmas stash for the waves. I love how it opens up too, what a fun card I can't wait to try it! I will be putting Happy Birthday on it instead of Hello,
    since my daughters birthday is in August!
    Thanks, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour j'habite en France et j'aimerais vraiment connaître la marque des tampons que vous utilisez pour faire le ciel la mer et la plage. je vous remercie ,c'est une magnifique création!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dans mon précédent message j'ai oublié de vous demander si l'une d'entre vous, possédait ce kit et était susceptible de le vendre je serai intéressée je vous remercie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment