Shadow box card with My Monthly Hero January 2019



 Hello there crafters!
Today I am making a shadow box card. You are going to love it! Simple and so fun! Let's get started.

You will need two pieces of card stock. Cardstock #1, 8 by 5 1/2, Cardstock #2 8 1/2 by 5 1/2.

Cardstock #1: score at 4 1/4
Cardstock #2: score at 1/2, 4 1/4, 4 3/4,

Done with that? See how I did the rest. And please don't mind the light that is reflecting on the work space. I'm such professional, I tell you. I'm going to have it figured out for my future videos.... I hope



 I embossed the outside and the inside with the brick embossing folder and sponged it with Iced Spruce Distress Oxide and a touch of SU Sahara Sand.

 The "friend" die cut was also sponged with Iced Spruce.

 You can see how the shadow box looks looking from the top.
 I wanted to make both fronts of the card pretty simple as the the inside has so much going on, so I only stamped the greeting and the bike here... I did pop out the flowers in the basket though.
 I also embossed the greeting with white. The embossing always comes out so good on black rather than stamping it with white ink.

Below you can see my little trick for die cutting multiple images all at once:



Here you can see how I did my coloring with the ink pads.



Enjoy!






Comments

  1. Your card is fantastic! Love the great design! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment