Dashing thru the snow with MMH October 2018

It is my first official Holiday card for 2018!
Today I am using My Monthly Hero October 2018. Did you see the Christmas trees? The branches are popping out for a 3D look. The best way to work with these trees is to layer one die cut on top of the other and of course color them both. That way, when you pop the branches up on the top tree, more green will be exposed from the bottom tree. I tried to color the bottom tree a bit darker but I don't know if it really matters.
Today is all about 3D. I use different thickness of foam to create depth in the card.
I started off by making a background with Faded Jeans Distressed Oxide on top of SU Big Sky paper. I sprayed it with Perfect Pearl spray to add texture and shine. I continued on with  three sets of trees and arranged them in a slope formation. One of the tree is glued directly onto the paper and the other two are attached with SU foam adhesive. I used SU foam on purpose, because it is much thinner than any other of my foams I own, so it lifts the tree off the paper ever so slightly.

I cut out a slope by hand (I added a little bit of the dazzling watercolor ink on it in) and created  frame using my cutter. Above I'm placing all the pieces in my stamping platform just trying to figure out where to put the greeting.

Yeap, this was the perfect spot. Now we can close the stamping platform and start stamping the greeting.



Once the satmping was done, I attached one of the tree to my frame.....
...and trimmed the excess off. As I mentioned, it is all about the 3D in this project and I wanted the sledder to come from behind the tree on the frame so to achieve that , I added a pretty thick foam adhesive to the frame.

Well and here you go.... Do you see the different layers?


I used puffy pain on the branches and heated it with my heat gun to  make them puff up. I also added the dazzling watercolor ink to the snow for the extra sparkle. Hope you enjoyed this fun project!


Comments