Using greetings to create a background




Hi everyone!! I'm playing with the stamp set from My Monthly Hero March 2018 which is full of single words and expressions some of which I have not used yet. I decided to put them to work by creating a background using as many of them as possible and I think that it worked!!!


To make things easier on myself I put the word stamps of choice into a stamping platform and stamped them all at once. I used second generation SU Smoky Slate ink to do that as I didn't want the images to be too dark.... EXCEPT, the very few that I chose to be darker. The chosen greetings were either embossed in silver or stamped in black to bring the attentions to the main greeting.



The embellishments are done in the same fashion as on the card from last week and you can see it HERE. The only difference is that this time I used SU Flower punch and Petite Petals punch as well as colored card stock (Bermuda Bay and Flirty Flamingo). Since I had coordinating stamps for both punches, I actually stamped the images in the color of the card stock (you can use Versamark ink for that as well) and then punched them out. If you don't have stamps to go with the punch or die cut, sponging the edges will do the trick!

Enjoy this fun project!



Comments

  1. This is a great card -- I love how some of he writing on the background is lighter. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ♥ Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! The background of greetings looks awesome with the flowers that you created 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful card and great background, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment