Pop Up Card














Hello Everyone!
I was totally inspired by Jennifer McGuire's pop up card and figured that a pop up card of my own would be in order. I have primary used SU In the Meadow stamp set as it is one of my very favorite ones.



 This actually is a very simple design but see it for yourself on the video below:









 You will need a 4.25 by 7.5 white card stock scored at 2 inches and for the outside 4.25 by 11 scored at 5.5.


I stared off by creating the inside. Stamped, colored and cut out all the pieces.  And created the popping mechanism with the acetate sheet. For sponging I used Distress Oxide Salty Ocean, Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo. For the mountains, deer and tree I used SU Old Olive and Soft Suede inks.



One thing that I mentioned in the video  is that you need to make sure that when you cut out the window in your outside panel, the bottom of the circle is at least 2 inches from the bottom of the front of the card. If the circle is too low then you will be able to see your folded flap which is inside the card.
 I made a few different varieties of the card including this one for our friend who own a Jeep. And yes, I tried very hard to color it so it looks just like his truck!
Oh yeah, I found MMH June 2018 clouds from Hero Arts, which I store stamped and die cut on hand. I thought that they were perfect for this card.

This is probably a better view of the acetate mechanism I used to pop up the truck. Enjoy!

Comments