Tripple Berry Cheesecake Poke Cake

This is my second "poke" cake recipe in the past two weeks. I'm not sure where I have been missing on all this goodness. The last one was for Boston Cream Poke Cake which was delish and you would think that I'd stop at that but no..... Today's cake is amazing, fingerlicking, refreshing, decadent.... ohhh, you simply cannot stop eating it. My friend sent it to me from Tasty and I made couple of small adjustments to fit our palette. 



Ingredients
 
1 Vanilla cake mix, prepared according to package
2 cups strawberries, stems removed and mashed
8 oz cream cheese
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1 cup blackberries (I used frozen, defrosted)
1 cup raspberries (I used frozen, defrosted)
2 cups whipping cream plus 2-3 Tbsp powder sugar
More sliced strawberries for topping, optional (I didn't use it)
Crushed graham crackers for topping, optional (I didn't use it)


Bake vanilla cake according to directions and cool it.
Mix cream cheese together with condensed milk until smooth. Add mashed strawberries. Mix well. Add the rest of the berries. Mix until incorporated.
Take a wooden spoon and poke random holes in the cake (all over, please!).
Pour the fruit and cream cheese mixture all over the cake. Some of the mixture will flow into the holes you have just created but some will stay on top, which is fine, so don't panic.
Whip the whipping cream and powder sugar until peaks form, adjusting the sugar to taste. Spread it on top of the cake and refrigerate overnight. Top with graham crackers and strawberries if so desired.

Enjoy!!

Comments