Ornaments and MMH November 2018

Hi everyone!! Today I am making a TON of cards with MMH November 2018 set. The die cut is so fun to use and of course it coordinates with the wonderful background stamp. Before I even started stamping, I sponged (ombre please) white card stock with SU Cherry Cobbler on the left card and with  Distress Oxide Salty Ocean and a touch of Distress Oxide Faded Jeans on the right one. Once I was done with sponging, I embossed the red one in gold and the blue one with silver.

These two cards are done with SU Old Olive cardstock. The left one was embossed in gold while the right one I sponged with SU Whisper White (ombre please) and embossed with white.You can see how different they look. After you are done with embossing all the ornaments, it is time to run it thru the die cut machine. But now let me get to the little things that you can see when you lift the ornament....

I found some glitter paper which matched SU Big Sky perfectly so I cut it and simply glued it behind it...


.... And this is the outcome. Pretty neat, very glittery and definitely fast. However, the best way to make a lot of back pieces for this card is to use your stamping platform to its full potential. Here we go:

Place your metal die cut plate in the very corner of your stamping platform and arrange all the tiny images inside the open spaces, just like in the picture above.
Close your stamping platform on your stamps and make sure that they stick to the flap of the platform.

Now, lift the flap from the platform and all your tiny stamps should be attached to the flap. Why is it good??? Because you recorded the perfect placement of those images on your card. Now you can remove the metal die cut, place white cardstock in its place and start stamping. I used versamark a lot for embossing in gold and silver. I also stamped in green an red. I was able to make a ton of them in no time at all, as you can see below.

Using this technique will allow you to stamp in the exact same place every single time. So fun!



Comments