Partial Die cutting and z folding card


September 2018 My Monthly Hero sure does not disappoint! Before I start, I want to clarify that I left the card greeting off for a reason. I do that sometimes so that I can adjust sentiments to the occasion and the recipient.

Today I am  starting my zig zag card by scoring 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 card stock at 4 1/4 and drawing a line with a pencil at 2 1/8. After doing partial die cutting, that pencil line will also become a partial score line.
If you are not familiar with partial die cutting, this video from Jennifer McGuire is great. It helped me tremendously with my first partial die cutting project.

 

This is how it will look after the partial die cutting and stamping.


Before I folded the card in a zig zag fashion but after partial die cutting I did all the stamping (yes, I had to do some masking). The coloring is done with my ink pads: SU Old Olive, SU Dusty Durango and SU Rose Red.

I'm not sure if you can see it but I did add glitter pen to the flowers.... Glitter brings life to a card, doesn't it??!


At my first attempt I did die cut the wrong side of the card, the outside section instead of the inside one. No worries, I just cut off the edge and created a card with the edge die cutting technique!! Ha, ha! No one would know!



Comments