Coffee time and Edge Die Cutting - MMH August 2018


For a coffee junky like myself making cards full of coffee cups is a dream come true! For that I am using My Monthly Hero August 2018 set and die.

I started this journey by die cutting the edge of the card with the coffee cup die cuts. Place the card stock and the die cuts on on the cutting plate of your die cutting machine. DO NOT STAMP BEFORE CUTTING, as I did this picture!!  It's way easier to cut first, then line up the stamps on top of the die cuts. Now that I have given you a fair warning, lets proceed to the  most important part of this technique. Arrange your die cuts on the edge of the paper which you have already placed on the cutting plate. Put the top plate ONLY on the part that you want cut which in our case would the right inch or so from the edge,  half way thru the mugs. Run it thru your die cut machine.





After you are done die cutting this is what you will have - partially cut cups. Don't stamp just yet, although you are tempted!


Line up your ruler with the cut outs, grab exacto knife and and cut off any parts that are NOT a part of the cups.
Voila, this is what you will get! And yes, now you are free to stamp all you want.

Decorating the cups is free for all! I used smaller stamps and copic markers along with glossy effects for the coffee inside the cups to add some interest. I also embossed the cream with the puffy embossing powder from MMH August 2018. Next time around I would probably use liquid applique for the whipped cream as it adds even more dimension to the card.

At this point I  created a stencil by die cutting the Cafe out of a black card stock.

I masked the cups and sponged the outside as well as inside of the card with Distress Oxide Vintage Photo..

Hope you enjoy this project!!



Comments

  1. Such a clever card, great tips for creating it too!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment