Bling It On - Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

I really love SSS challenges for a very simple reason - they make me create and when I create I'm happy!!




I got inspired by one of Jennifer Maguire's cards and decided to give the layered die cuts a go. I am using SU Botanical Garden Framelits but of course you can use punch you find appropriate. You can create the flowers in one of two ways. 

 * You can either cut out /punch out images from white card stock and color the top layer (which I did on this card) or 



* You can simply punch out flowers from colored card stock.

Each flower has anywhere from 2 to four layers of flowers glued together to create a nice and thick embellishment. What makes it ever more special is the glossy effects I added which puts it over the top. 




I have noticed that the glossy effects do change the color of the inks/markers used. Below you can see that the top pink flower (with no glossy effect) is slightly different than the flower below which already has glossy effects on it.
Is it a big deal? Not on this card. But I can see how it can be a little bit annoying if you are matching the ink to the color of the card stock you are using for the base.


Hope you like the project! Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Simply beautiful! I love the use of gloss on the die cut florals to add texture and dimension to this card. Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment