My Monthly Hero July 2018 and fun with Distress Oxide Inks

My love with die cuts started WAY back when the original Sizzix die cutting machines became popular. Do you remember how big the dies were back then???  

THEN I stepped up to the Cuttle Bug. That machine was great but was not good for the very detailed die cuts - you know, the most amazing die cuts that we love that much! My husband tried to fix it couple of times because it broke on  me and then it was the time to pull the plug and get the BIG SHOT. That's what I have until now and I absolutely love it and my life would not have been completed without it.


Today I am playing with My Monthly Hero July 2018 die cut. I decided to create my own backgrounds with Distress Oxide Inks, which we love so very much! Above I used Marmalade Distress Oxide along with Fossilized Amber and Fired Brick. Below I am using Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry with a touch of Violet. At the end of the day my room looked like a tornado hit it with background of different shades everywhere. Wonderful thing about this die is that while you can use the die on a card (such as the yellow cut out above)  you can also use the negative image of it on a different card. I am using negative of a white die on the card below. Neat, isn't it? Enjoy it!!
 



Comments

  1. Your rays die looks great and makes a fun card - thank you for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment