Christmas in July - My Monthly Hero May 2018

Hello there stampers!

Today I am using My Monthly Hero May 2018 stencil to create a Holiday card.
I grabbed 5 by 6 1/4 Big Sky SU card stock and stenciled the tree in the Night of Navy ink (also by SU). I then lifted the stencil and moved it a tiny bit to the left, just enough to off-set the image. I made sure that that stencil was secured in the off set position (taped it ) and I applied embossing paste to it making sure the entire image was uniformly covered. Now it is time to carefully lift the stencil. While the paste was still wet I applied glitter (Dazzling Diamonds to be exact, by SU, but any glitter would work). I let it dry over night and embossed the holiday greeting in silver the following day.


On the card below instead of the Night of Navy, I used Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink and followed the same directions as above. Easy, peasy. I also added some Nuvo Drops just because I like Nuvo Drops. I embossed the greeting in white and added some more embossing paste to the edges and dipped them in glitter as well. Rule #1, there is no such thing as too much glitter. Enjoy!!!



Comments

  1. Really pretty cards and I love the subtle sparkle of these cards, it's lovely! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with our blog hop over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment