Watercolor marker poppies

I'm just entering the world of watercolor!! I have done some watercolor with ink in the past but never tried the markers, so this is brand new to me. 
As it always happens, I came across a card I loved on Pintrest, which inspired me to the point where I had to give it a try and , am I glad that I did!



Today I am using Bloom with Hope  by Stampin Up. All images are embossed with black embossing powder, then colored with Ohuhu watercolor markers.

I stamped the bottom flower and leaves directly on the watercolor paper and embossed it. Then created two additional flowers on a separate piece of paper which I embossed, colored and cut out. I attached them with the foam tape creating different depths on the card. The greeting was cleared embossed (twice!!!) to add just a little something-something. Oh, lets not forget about the glitter pen, which I used for the center of the flowers. You can't do without glitter pen!



Here I decided to add some watercolor splatter to the background. Not sure if I like it or not. What do you think?





See the video for more details. Enjoy!!

Ta,ta


Comments