Yes, once again it was the moment that "I saw it. I loved it. I had to make it." One little thing I didn't realize was that the telescoping image technique looks way easier than it really is and thus my results are far from perfect.
I used Pool Party for the cardstock and I used blender pens to color the flower from Best Thoughts and I did that in Pool Party ink with a touch of Bermuda Bay.
I know that some of you are asking the question as to why I used blender pen rather than the aqua painter. Let me tell you some differences and similarities between the two.
- Both are great for coloring
- Easy to clean - just scribble on scrap paper until the pen runs clear
- Discolored tips do not affect the pens
- Aqua Painters
- Use water to fill barrels. (you can also use reinking bottles to fill barrels for larger projects).
- Best for use on watercolor paper and perfect for the watercolor look.
- Blender Pens
- Double sided brush tip marker filled with solution to blend ink with ease.
- Your "look" is more controlled resulting in deeper color, not as much of the watercolor look and more of marker coloring.
- You can also use it with watercolor pencils.
- For use on all different papers (from Whisper White cardstock to watercolor paper).