Telescoping technique and Blender Pen vs Aqua Painter

 
Yes, once again it was the moment that "I saw it. I loved it. I had to make it." One little thing I didn't realize was that the telescoping image technique looks way easier than it really is and thus my results are far from perfect.

 
I used Pool Party for the cardstock and I used blender pens to color the flower from Best Thoughts  and I did that in Pool Party ink with a touch of Bermuda Bay.
 
I know that some of you are asking the question as to why I used blender pen rather than the aqua painter. Let me tell you some differences and similarities between the two.

Similarities
  • Both are great for coloring
  • Easy to clean - just scribble on scrap paper until the pen runs clear
  • Discolored tips do not affect the pens
Differences
  • Aqua Painters
    • Use water to fill barrels. (you can also use reinking bottles to fill barrels for larger projects).
    • Best for use on watercolor paper and perfect for the watercolor look.
 
  • Blender Pens
    • Double sided brush tip marker filled with solution to blend ink with ease.
    • Your "look" is more controlled resulting in deeper color, not as much of the watercolor look and more of marker coloring.
    • You can also use it with watercolor pencils.
    • For use on all different papers (from Whisper White cardstock to watercolor paper).
 
 
 

Comments