Back to the Basics (Butterfly Basics) and why coloring is actually good for you

 
Well, how about this alternative to the adult coloring books which are so darn popular now days? Yes, I had an urge to color and I took out this wonderful Butterfly Basics stamp set. It is absolutely magnificent. And I love it. And it's magnificent. Yes, you got the point, I know.
 
Lets just take a moment and look at the many reasons as to why coloring is good for you and your mental health....
 
1. It's a great mean of relaxation and reduces stress and anxiety.
 
2. It trains your brain to focus and your brain is grateful to you for that.
 
3. Coloring utilizes parts of brain helping with problem solving and organizational skills.
 
4. What a great creative outlet!
 
5. Brings you back to much simpler times when as kids we didn't have much responsibilities and the biggest problem was to choose the right color pencil for the flower.
 
Putting all science aside, coloring is just fun and it's letting you be YOU!


 
I stamped the flower in black and then used Blender Pen to color it in Old Olive and Calypso Coral which is complementing our wonderful butterfly friend. All the sponging and background stamping is done in our one and only So Saffron. Honestly, now that I look at the card I really should have stamped the image higher. What was I thinking?? Oh well, nobody will notice... only that now everyone will notice as I pointed it out!
 
 

Comments