Winter Storm

 
Brrrrr, don't you get goose bumps just looking at that card?? I thought that Winter Storm was a perfect name for it. You have the snow falling on the tree, at the bottom you have mounts of snow so you know that it's been snowing for a while.... This card just screams winter and I love it. Yes, I love when you can feel the mood thru the card.
 
Today I am suing Serene Silhouettes stamp set which you have seen on my blog many times before. I have seen this card on Pintrest and fell in love with it.

 
I used Smoky Slate for the cardstock and sponging and Real Red for the birds and the greeting. There are several ways to make the tree  and the birds in two colors:
 
1. You could use black marker for the tree and red marker for the birds.
 
2. Or, if you are lazy like me, you can ink the stamp in black, use a q-tip to remove the black ink from the birds and use red marker on them.
 
3. Or, the easiest alternative is to stamp the entire  image in black and use Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details on the birds.
 
Your pick!
 
 
There are couple of different ways to create the snow.
 
1. You can use the finest stamp from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and white ink.
 
2. Or, you can use Aqua Painter dipped in white ink, which what I personally used here.
 
And you probably have figured out that I used a torn piece of paper for masking and creating the snow mounts at the bottom of the paper. Oh and yes, a 2 inch circle for the moon or is it the sun? Well, it doesn't matter!
If I'm confusing you, he is a video to clarify things. Enjoy!
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Such a pretty Winter card!! Love the scene you made, will have to see what stamps I have to recreate this. tfs!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment