Creating sunset effect with a brayer



I have used brayer in the past to stamp large stamps or to create reflection of images, but I have never used it to apply ink to a card. In this case I used Barely Banana for the background paper and cut out a 1 3/4 circle from a post-it-note and put it in place. I applied Dusty Durango to half of the brayer and More Mustard to the other half. I then proceeded to roll the well inked brayer onto the paper with the Durango towards the bottom half of the page. I finished of by sponging in the two colors just to cover some lines that the brayer may have left. I peeled off the post-it-note circle, which was on the paper during the ink application and... VOILA! Here is our sunset. I stamped the image last and made sure that some of the flowers were against the sun. I love the effect which I have achieved with the brayer. The card is in Soft Suede and I must say that it goes beautifully with the Durango.

Happy Stamping!!!

Comments

Post a Comment