Easter Bunny


I never really thought about the origin of Easter Bunny. Have you? Just as Santa Clause represents Christmas, a hopping bunny with a basket full of colorful eggs is an image seen on a lot of Easter cards. I'm totally contributing to that image not only by putting it on my cards but by hiding eggs all around the backyard for Nash to find.

It is believed that Easter Bunny's origin goes back to a Pagan holiday of Eastre celebrating the goddess of spring and fertility. Eastre's sacred animal was the hare. The tradition of the Easter Egg Hunt, on the other hand, came to us from Germany around the 1800s along with the German immigrants. Back in Germany the rabbit would surprise kids on Easter morning by laying colored eggs in nests. So, I'm sorry to disappoint all of you ,but our cute bunnies have nothing to do with Easter afterall. However, since they are so darn adorable I will do anything in my power to squeeze them on a card.

Today I used Pretty In Pink and Close to Cocoa and a lot of punches, both oval and circles. Cuttlebug came in handy for the background and the ticket punch for the corners. By the way, the ticket punch is my absolute favorite when creating layers and layers is what I love!

Hop, hop!

Comments