Watercolor markers stamping



Today I am taking part in Modsquad Challenge as well as Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
The challenge for the Modsquad is to use watercolor medium on the card and I decided to stamp with my watercolor markers. This is the reason why I love doing challenges. They stir your creativity and use techniques you have not used in a while or maybe have never used .



 I really don't know who makes this stamp. I have had it for ages and there is no name on it.I love it though and I think it is perfect for water coloring.



 I started off by coloring my stamp with the markets. After I was done, I wiped watercolor paper with water, just enough to get it slightly damp. The more water you add to the paper the more runny the image will be. I then stampped the image.


 After stamping you  are not done. I took brush and water and smeared the markers for more blurry images. I also took black marker and ran it thru the middle of the feathers to create more defined lines on top of the blurry images.





I embossed the greeting with Hero Arts sand embossing powder. I thought that it was absolutely perfect for this card. Hope you enjoy it!







Comments

  1. This is just stunning!! I have that stamp and you have really inspired me to use it in this way. Wonderful color choices!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment