Mica shift on polymer clay pendant


Mica shift always amazes me. It adds a sense of depth and dimension to polymer clay pendants. The reflective nature of the mica creates a twinkling and three-dimensional effect. Mica shift looks like the design is raised or depressed into the surface, but it’s an illusion. It is perfectly flat.



Today I am using Premo Accents Graphite polymer clay to create this really neat looking pendant.


If you watch the video you will see that it is not difficult to make it although it does appear to be so.
The pendant is made of two parts. The top, which has the mica shift, the bottom which has the hammered metal look.

Comments

  1. Amazing! What a fantastic technique that you've demonstrated and explained so well. Thank you so very much for sharing this. I am going to try this TODAY! I've subscribed to your YouTube channel and will here as well and I'm grateful to the member at Katie's Polymer Clay Friends on Facebook for directing me to your tutorial. This is exactly the style of jewelry I love to wear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment