Crochet handbag Free tutorial - MY FIRST HANDMADE BAG!

Hi Everyone!
I am super excited to share this bag with you  because it is my first official handbag. I followed directions from Bag-O-Day for video 320 and with few adjustments this is what I came up with.



I used the same yarn as in the original video but a different color and decided to make minor adjustments that would fit me and my style. The width of the bag in the video, I believe, is ch 44, but I worked with ch 38.


My handles are  a little bit longer that in the original video because I wanted to make sure that it fits comfortably on my shoulder.
I also added a zipper because I like to keep my belongings safe.
The last thing that I did was.... and please don't judge me...well I used garage sale sign which I found in 99 cent store and created a rigit bottom. I cut out a piece that would fit the bottom of my bag.  I then crochet another bottom piece as I did for the bottom of my bag,  ch 38 of single crochet and 19 rows of that. I placed the cartboard at the bottom of my bag, and sewed by hand the additional bottom  so that you don't see the cartboard when you open the bag.

Comments