My first attempt at acrylic tree ring pour



Recently I have ventured into the world of acrylic pouring and I love it. It is so incredibly fun, satisfying and relaxing.
Today I am experiencing (that's the only word that I can use for it) with the ring pour. For the pouring medium I am using Karen's from Waterfall Acrylic's recipe: 5 oz glue, 3 oz liquidex gloss medium, 3 oz water. I mixed equal parts of the pouring medium and paint. Some paint is thicker than other and to get it to the desired consistency, I added more water to it.
All my paints are the cheap paints from Michael's : Dark Yellow, Orange with a bit of Burt Orange, Red and Black. I did added 3 to 4 drops of silicone to each color as I love the cells and have not been successful creating them without silicone - likely because I am using the bottom of the barrel paints.
 It is truly amazing when all the cells start popping up...
While stretching the different rings expose the hidden colors from down under...
 Of course the painting is toned down a bit when it dries, that's why I will apply resin to it, to bring it back to its vibrant state.

Enjoy!






Comments