Alcohol Ink backgrounds for simple cards

Today I am playing with alcohol inks creating backgrounds which are handy for quick, last minute cards.
There are different ways of applying alcohol ink and you can see the techniques I am using in my video below.




The red background was perfect for my heart die cut. I actually layered several hearts to achieve a more sturdy piece (I used 3 layers). A die cut and a greeting was enough, I thought, for the card to be complete.
Below I die cut the heart from the purple background and used the little heart pieces on a separate card. 

The white card was just a little bit too simple for me but after adding some score lines and elaborate, glitter drenched greeting, I was satisfied for it. 


On the second card, I added gold paper behind the heart... 


 I didn't know what color to use for the greeting so I colored white cardstock with light violet Copic marker and used that for the "hugs" die cut. Neither white, black or gold colors were really going with it. 

I love green and I probably make most of my alcohol ink backgrounds with blues and greens... 


I was lucky to have an edge die cut which I thought would go great on the card. I cut out the greeting from the left over background which you can see inside the card. If this is not a simple card then I don't know what is!
Adding the "hugs" in black below the green one makes a ton of difference. It makes it pop!! Also, I added couple of score lines at the bottom... just because I had my scoring blade on hand and felt inclined to use it!
 As I showed in the video, you have more control of your design if you use an applicator and a piece of felt. It allows you to create straight lines, in this case 
in the rainbow color... 
 This is a perfect example of a card you can put just in a couple of minutes if you have the backgrounds available on hand.


Enjoy!

Comments

Post a Comment