Polymer clay necklace using stamps and embossing folder

 

I get very, very happy when I can take my stamping stuff and use it in a way that I never before knew existed!! Who knew that a piece of polymer clay, a stamp, an embossing folder and cookie cutter can create a neat pendant! Seriously, who knew!?!?
Check it out how I did it!



 While I had extra clay left over, I cut out small circles for the earrings. The little shine is from the Perfect Pearls I added before putting the pendant into the oven.
To create the dome effect (which I so love!) I used the bottom of the soda can. I simply cut off the can leaving an inch at the bottom. I then folded the ends to get rid of the sharp edge. I placed my pendant in the middle and shaped it to the dome shape in the bottom of the can. I then baked it in the oven. I have seen people use light bulbs or bowls to achieve similar effect but I like the can the best.
 Before you bake your pendant you need to decide if you will bake it as is and drill a hole after baking or if you will create a hole and then bake. I drilled the hole in the green pendant and I created the one in the red pendant before baking.
I used embossing folders when rolling out the clay to get the nice texture on the back. 
I used polymer clay satin varnish to finish it off and seal it.
Enjoy!

Comments