Peruvian chicken with garlic cilantro sauce

Hi everyone!!

I have an amazing recipe for you today which I found.... not sure where but I have made it half dozen time and every time it comes out amazing!


I like using bone-in chicken for this recipe. The bone in chicken breast is my favorite as it stays nice and moist and doesn't get rubbery as the boneless breast sometimes gets. 

The skin is a big deal in this recipe as you can put the delicious marinade underneath it which makes a HUGE difference. Did I say, HUGE? It really is a huge difference.

Well, lets get this party started with the marinade!

 Marinade
4 tsp kosher salt
2T ground cumin
2 T paprika
1 tsp ground black pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 T white vinegar
2T vegetable or canola oil

Mix all the ingredients. Yes, it turns into a gross paste but trust me, it will bring delicious flavor to the dish. Massage the paste under the chicken's skin and also on top of it. I usually marinade it over night but just a few hours will do the trick. If you have never tried to put seasoning under the skin on a chicken, you will be amazed how easily it separates from the meat!




Start your grill and once it is hot place the chicken on it. You can grill it until done but I like to finish it off in 350 degree oven to make sure that the big breasts are nicely done. I grill it to give the wonderful color to the chicken and then off to the oven it goes. While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce.  Serve with cilantro sauce, rice and fried plantains.




Cilantro sauce

3 jalapenos *
1 cup cilantro
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tsp lemon or lime juice

Mix all the ingredients in a blender. Pour it into a bowl and refrigerate. The sauce will thicken as it sits. I use the left over sauce as a salad dressing and it is to die for!!

* You may want to put one jalapeno at a time as they usually come in different heat and don't want to kill your sauce with it.

Enjoy this finger licking goodness!!



Comments