Adding foil to diecuts without a laminator





Happy Friday to all!!
I have been experimenting with foil lately and I tell you that I love it, love it, love it! There are many different ways of adding it to your lovely cards and the technique I will show you today uses double sided tape. It's super fun and super fast too!


Butterfly Basics dies by Stampin Up are amazing even after being around for quite a while. I always get a tickle when I cut out the butterflies and they always look magnificent especially when you add some foil or glitter to it.



The greetings on both cards are stamped with old SU stamp sets: Just Believe and Fabulous Four.I am just trying to remind myself to use some of my older sets because afteral there was a reason why I got them in the first place.

In the video below I am showing you how to make both cards so make sure that you watch it.


What I am going to show you right now was a total afterthought.... As I was cleaning up after my project, I was left with few butterfly foil left overs such as this.....


 In my frugal crafty ways I thought that .... it's too much foil to waste especially because it already has an image of the butterfly on it. I also had an extra butterfly inlay on white card stock and I already foiled the body with the turquoise foil and I was missing the little insets (see the second project on my video if I'm confusing you!! I'm good at confusing people!). I took the above foil and placed it on my butterfly.... The turquoise you are seeing is from butterfly on the white card stock... just like in my video. I then started applying the little pieces to my butterfly...
I then pealed it off....

.... And the technique worked!!!! Yay!! Below is my completed project!




Comments

  1. What beautiful cards and I was intrigued by the techniques involved. You really are a Foil Master and I always appreciate refreshing new ideas. I love how you kept the background crisp white and also really liked the sentiments you chose. You made these butterflies sing and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment