Distressed Oxide Ink color lifting

Hello there Stampers!!

Today I will show you how to lift color from  Distress Oxide background. Such fun and simple technique and here it is for you to enjoy:







I am using Altenew Garden Treasure stamp set. Absolutely lovely, layered set with tons of possibilities. The outline flowers were appropriate for this  project and I embossed them in while, although you could use clear embossing powder if you are using white card stock. On the above card you can see Broken China, Peacock Feathers and Faded Jeans in action. Cracked Pistachio was used for coloring some of the pedals.



Here I used Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink. I attached it directly to the card base and popped up the greeting (from My Monthly Hero March 2018) by rolling glue dots. I'm sure there is a better way of doing it but that's what I had on hand. Also, as you can see I took two die cuts, one in black and one in white and off set them a little bit. I really love the effect you get with that.





Here Nuvo Crystal Drops were used for the added touch on the flowers....



An here my favorite trio mix: Cracked Pistachio, Peacock and Twisted Citron. Love that combo. I thought that Violet would be perfect for the flowers. 



Comments

  1. Ok. I think you are going to make me a fan of distress oxide inks. Up to now, I have not liked using them but these are FABULOUS!!! So glad I popped over and watched your tutorial. Well done. I'm in LOVE with your cards, especially the one you used about 3 colors on the flowers. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment