The first recipe was Pioneer Woman Peach Dumplings
The second recipe was Peach Fritters by Bunnys Warm Oven.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 TBLs sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1-1/4 cups diced peaches ( I used 2 fresh peaches which came to a little over 1 1/4 cups of peaches)
- granulated sugar in flat-sided bowl or a powdered sugar glaze
- oil for fryer or deep frying pan
- Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- milk, enough to make a drizzling consistency.
- Whisk the milk and confectioners sugar together until the desired drizzling consistency.
- Using a whisk, combine flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder. Whisk in eggs, milk and butter. Fold in peaches.
- Heat oil in fryer or pan to 375 degrees F. With long handled ladle, ladle about 1/4 -1/2 cup batter into hot oil. The batter will sink at first and then rise. Cook for about 2 - 3 minutes, depending on size of fritters. Remove fritters from oil with long-handled tongs. Quickly drain on paper towels or newspaper. Then place fritter in bowl of sugar or glaze fritters. Coat with sugar on both sides, or glaze tops of fritters.