Yums, this is a very delicious recipe and perfect for those hot summer days ahead of us. I made it couple of weekends ago and it was a total hit!! I put all the sugar in to the boiling water, rather than splitting it as the recipe is calling for, and it turned out great. I did serve it over ice and with some sliced strawberries because they look just so darn pretty in the glasses. Enjoy!
- Steep tea bags in 1 quart boiling water for 5 minutes with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Puree strawberries in food processor until liquefied.
- Remove tea bags and add remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- Add strawberry puree and lemon juice and stir well.
- Strain liquid through cheesecloth or fine sieve.
- Add remaining quart of water and chill.
- Serve over ice.