Restaurant style salsa

This is hands down the  best salsa that I have ever made. I made it at least 10 times and it comes out as delicious as the first time around. Absolutely amazing recipe! And guess by whom??? Of course, the Pioneer Woman! I love watching her shows. They are just all around fun. You get the taste of the farm life in the middle of nowhere, along her amazing, simple recipes. Love it. I usually wait until I have two or three episodes recorded, sit down with my note pad and take notes as I watch the show. Yes, of course, the glass of wine in my hand does add to the enjoyment of the show! ha,ha!




Ok, getting back to the delicious salsa. This is a big batch. I have a regular size food processor and it does happen sometimes that it overflows slightly in the middle, where the blade attachment goes. I also use Serrano chili if I want a bigger kick and yes, add more cumin or salt if your taste buds desire!

Ingredients:

Two 10-ounce cans diced tomatoes and green chiles, such as Rotel
One 28-ounce can whole tomatoes with juice
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves (or more to taste!)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 whole jalapeno, quartered and sliced thin, with seeds and membrane
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/2 whole lime, juiced
 
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you'd like. Personally, we like it a little chunky, just so that you still see the piece of onion but do as your heart desires. It will be delicious regardless! Enjoy!

Comments