No bake cheesecake bars

 
I don't bake cheesecake. I don't bake it and for a good reason too. I'm horrible at it and I can get a way better one in the frozen section of my grocery store. To make a good, creamy, crackless cheesecake is a technique I could have never mastered. I have surrounded myself to the idea that I'm just not good at it. BUT is will not stop me from creating other fun cheesecake-like deserts. Besides the fact that anyone can make the recipe I'm sharing with you today, it truly is finger-licking good. I think next time around I would just use a pre-made graham cracker crust just because it would be easier on top of the already easy. 



Ingredients
CRUST
  • 12 graham cracker sheets, blended to make 2 c. of crumbs
  • ¼ c. sugar
  • ½ c. (1 stick) butter, melted
FILLING
  • 2 (8oz) packages of cream cheese
  • 1 c. powdered sugar
  • 2 c. (1 pint) of HEAVY whipping cream
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp. almond extract
BLUEBERRY SAUCE
  • 2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries ( used fresh)
  • ½ c. sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. butter
  • 2 tsp. cornstarch (I had to add more corn starch to make my sauce thicker)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla.
 
CRUST 
Using a food processor, blend graham cracker sheets until turned into crumbs.Add sugar and melted butter; blend until well mixed. Press into an 8x8 pan. (I used a 9 by 13 glass pan and used 1.5 of the recipe ingredients)
 
FILLING
Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.Add heavy whipping cream, vanilla and almond extracts. Mix on medium-high for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.Pour filling over the crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
 
SAUCE
Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan.Cook over medium high heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. The blueberries will breakdown and the sauce will become thick.Let cool and refrigerate until you're ready to serve the cheesecake. Pour on top of cheesecake.
    !
For step by step instructions click HERE.

Comments