Hawaiian chicken kebab

You know the rules that I go by. I only post recipes that have gone thru extensive testing at my own dinner table. I made this last night and the recipe fell into "yes, please make them again " category. The marinade is "teriyak-ish" but not really (I love that I am so clear on that). Super flavorful and super delicious. In my old days of cooking I believed that the longer you marinade the chicken the better. That's not what I do now days. Over marinated chicken is just not good eats, if you know what I mean, so marinating for an hour or two is just enough. The original recipe called for green bell pepper but I used red bell pepper just because I like it and also because it looks pretty. Enjoy this finger licking goodness!



Ingredients
 
Marinade
  • 1/3 cup ketchup
  • 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup pineapple juice
  • 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided, plus more for brushing grill
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced (4 tsp)
  • 1 Tbsp minced ginger
  • 1/2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
 
  • 1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1 1/4-inch cubes
  • 3 cups (heaping) fresh cubed pineapple (about 3/4 of 3 lb pineapple)
  • 1 1/2 large peppers, diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces (I used red pepper to add some color
  • 1 large red onion, diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces
 
 

Comments