The most perfect rib eye roast

I have neglected my Recipe Central in the past few years and I'm totally ashamed of it. I have tried so many delicious recipes and I have a need to start sharing them with you on top of my creative card making.
 
One of the recipes I've tried recently was a recipe for rib eye roast. As you know this is the middle part of the prime rib. Over the years I've been fighting with perfecting the cooking method and I was almost at the point of giving up. No matter how much I tried, how many thermometers I've used, I would always, always manage to overcook it.
Until the day..... yes... the day has come that I fond this amazing recipe and victory was MINE, I have finally made a perfect rib eye roast!

Now, I could be like one of these people who will not share recipes with others in fear of .... well I don't quite understand what their fear really is because I am just so excited about sharing it with you!

Let start by heating your oven to 500 degrees. Take your roast out of the fridge and leave it at room temperature for 30 minutes. Put seasoning on it ( I usually use Paula Dean's House Seasoning which I mix myself) and put it in the oven for 7 minutes per pound (fatty side up if your roast is not trimmed). My roast was 2.5 pounds and I put it in the oven for 19 minutes.

Now comes the part that will go against anything that you have ever done.... Turn the oven off..... DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR... and walk away ... just walk away for 2.5 hours. Yes, you heard me, leave the roast in there for 2.5 hours! My roast was warm but not hot after that time so I turned the oven on to the lowest setting of 180 degrees for 5 minutes just to warm it up. It turned out absolutely perfect!!
Here are the meat temperatures that you should be looking for (although I didn't watch the temperature and went off the time in the oven only).

Rare 120-125 degrees
Medium Rare 130-140 degrees
Medium 145-150 degrees

Comments