Fanned out gift bags

I saw this idea on Pintrest and I thought that it was super duper cute. Kind of neat how you can take a bag and turn it into something so pretty and festive. Ok, this time I totally mean it, it doesn't take much time to do it at all.
 
 

I used my nifty  Simply Scored tool and scored every half inch starting with the opening of the bag. It's entirely up to you how far you score as the further you score, the larger the fan you will get and the shorter the bag will get. I scored the first 4. 5 inches.




 
Fold the score lines in the zig-zag pattern.

 
Now you can open the bag and put your goodie in. You will easily be able to close the bag and have the zig-zag back in place. Pinch the fan in the middle and ....

 
... staple it. I think that stapling makes it easier to put the ribbon on.
 
 
This is what you will get....

 
Now it's time to decorate!
 

 

 

Comments