Rosette Ornaments

 Rosette Ornaments
 
 
 

 
I will never forget when I was a little girl how excited I would get when the Christmas tree was standing in our living room and was ready to be decorated. Among glass bulbs of different colors, shapes and sizes, were paper ornaments made by my dearest Grandmother. They were two in particular that are standing out in my memory: the one of an orange fox and an owl. These ornaments are still at my parents' house today and will be around for generations to come. What I'm trying to say is that when you create your ornaments you are creating special family traditions that hopefully your family will appreciate in the future as we do when we look at the ornaments made by my Grandma.
 
So keeping in mind my love for paper, love for folding paper, love for Christmas, love for ornaments and love for creating things that my family will hopefully keep for years to come, I ended up with .... these ornaments. They are way simpler than my Grandmother's, of course, but they are ornaments and they are hand made. This is my first attempt at a rosette ornaments, as you can see.
 
Score entire 12 by 12 piece of paper every 1/2 inch.
 
Depending on how large you want the rosette to be, cut the pater  into 2 or 3 inch strips. Both of the above at made from 2 pieces of 3 inch by 12 inch pre-scored sheets. 
 
Glue 2 strips of scored paper together so you have one very long 3 by 24 inch piece.
 
Get a glue gun and put a big blob of glue on a silicone mat.
 
Fold the sheet into an accordion file and submerge one end in the glue and hold it there for a minute or until hardens. Unfold it,  glue both ends to create the rosette ornament.
 
 Here is a picture tutorial I found just to give you a better idea on how to make it. They used a fancy punch for the edges but you don't have to do that if you don't want to.  
 





Comments