The Best Banana Bread Recipe EVER

I know, I know, I have made this claim before.... "the best banana bread".... Somewhere on my blog already is a banana bread recipe which I claimed that was good until..... I found this one. It is so moist and delicious. Don't skip the nuts, though. I made the bread with and without the nuts and nuts are an essential ingredient in this recipe. Another thing that you want to pay attention to is the size of the baking pan. It's not very big (4 by 8) and therefore the bread comes out dense and moist and you know that you are eating  a banana bread when you sink your teeth into it.





Ingredients

4 bananas, mashed
1/3 c melted butter
3/4 c sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c nuts


No need for a mixer in this recipe, just a wooden spoon and a bowl.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix butter and bananas in a large bowl. Add sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Lastly, add flour and then nuts. Pour batter into a 4 by 8 buttered loaf pan and bake it for 1 hour. Voila!

For added moisture I wrap my bread in aluminum foil and keep it in the fridge until gone which is a day or possibly two.

Blah, blah, blah, yes, I know that you can buy banana bread at your nearest supermarket but how satisfying is it to know that you made it yourself and you know exactly what you put in it and its shelf life is not two weeks but rather few days. Yes, it's very satisfying. Now if I could only grow my own bananas......
So stop fighting it and unleash the baker in you!! Enjoy!

Comments