Mashed cauliflower

Forgive me, as it has come to my attention that unintentionally I may have  withheld a very delicious and low fat recipe which my family loves. With all the carb fuss, the mashed cauliflower presents a healthy alternative to the not-always-so-healthy mashed potatoes.



Boil the cauliflower until soft. Drain it well. Usually I let it sit in the strainer for a minute or two to make sure that ALL the water is out. I then start mashing the cauliflower after adding some salt and garlic powder to taste. Some people add cream cheese to it or sour cream but I came up with a different way of thickening it's consistency. As I mash it, I turn the stove to low and add 1/4 cup of chicken broth mixed with 1 1/2 tsp. of corn starch. I let it cook until it thickens up.
There are different variations of this recipe. You can add roasted garlic instead of garlic powder, or parmesan cheese. Either way, it's absolutely delicious and low fat! Shocker! Yes, I know, a low fat recipe in my archive!

Comments