Easy caramel corn

I have never made caramel corn before so I decided to give it a go. I had no idea how easy it was! If you don't want to devour it yourself, you can make little goodie bags for the holidays for your guests. Oh yeah, before I forged, I used microwave popcorn 94% fat free.



10 cups popcorn
1 stick (1/2cup) unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda

Turn the oven to 200 degrees. Lightly splay a baking sheet.
Microwave butter for 1 minute or until melted. Add sugar and corn syrup. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Mix it and microwave it for another 2 minutes. Take is out of the microwave and add baking soda. It should foam up. Drizzle it over popcorn and try to mix it as much as possible. Lay the popcorn out on a baking sheet. Bake it for an hour and move it around every 15 minutes so it doesn't clump up. Cool it before eating.

Comments