Quick chicken stir-fry

This stir fry recipe is incredibly flavorful. You have the fresh ginger and garlic and the hoisin sauce that fill your house with smells that make your stomach grumble. You can incorporate any of your favorite veggies into it and can cook it with or without the chicken. I usually double the veggies and double the sauce.


Ingredients:

1/4 cup chicken broth
2 tsp cornstarch
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
2 Tbsp oil
3 Tbsp green onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped (we love garlic so I usually double it)
2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 lb chicken breast, cut into small pieces
3 cups chopped veggies of your choice (I use onion, zucchini, broccoli and red bell pepper)


Heat up oil in the wok. Add garlic, ginger, green onion and red pepper flakes and saute for 15 seconds. Add chicken and brown it. Meanwhile, in a bowl mix broth, cornstarch, soy sauce and hoisin sauce.
I like my veggies well done so I take the chicken out and put my veggies in. When veggies will start getting soft put the chicken back in and add the cornstarch mixture and bring it to boil.
If you like your veggies crunchy, don't take the chicken out of the wok. When the chicken is brown, add the veggies and cook it all together until done. Then add the sauce. Serve with rice.

Comments